Saturday, January 5, 2013

Punks, Shepherds, and Fishermen


Amos 1+2/Matthew 15+16

            So I prayed about being a Christian Punker. I gave it to God and I got the same thing I got when I prayed about my comic books years ago: Go for it, but if people aren't getting saved, what’s the point?
            I pray and I found Caustic Fallout radio, Christian Punks Facebook, CYI World Wide and the Kings Kid’s. It’s nice to be lead towards others like me.
            Amos was just a kooky shepherd who heard from God. He heard some serious stuff, too. He had fire and brimstone fanaticism stuff that would get him lambasted by Piers Morgan. God gave Him some hardcore preaching to do. That must have been uncomfortable to go from talking to sheep to preaching to people.
            Switch to the disciples in the boat worrying about bread. They were so focused on what they did or didn't do that they missed what Jesus was actually saying. They needed to realize what was important. 
            

No comments:

Post a Comment