Tuesday, December 18, 2012


Hey everybody!

Sorry it's been a while, but my wife and I just had a new baby boy and even now I hear him fussing in the next room. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this thang updated as we get into our routine. If you want to get a better look into our sick and twisted, Jesus loving, people loving, brains follow us on Facebook and Twitter. We update that stuff often. 

Oh, and if you were wondering, we are intentionally not writing about the Newton, Connecticut tragedy because everything we come up with seems so violently inappropriate and self promoting that we don't want to exploit other people's pain for our gain. All way can say is that we are praying for all the victim's families. We live only by the Grace of God and even though we are sad, confused, and holding our kids a little tighter, we trust in Jesus. 

Here's some thoughts on my Bible reading!
Enjoy,
-Danny Exyle


Daniel 1-4/Titus

            The older I get the harder time I’ve been having with authority. It gets harder and harder for me to trust the suits and ties because they have showed me the way to attack is from the back. My boys in the fiery furnace speak truth to me: “Our God has the ability to save us, but even if He doesn’t, we won’t do what you say, Oh, king.” I jive with that even though I’m not often put into the position to use it. Normally, I need to drop a
Titus 3, “follow all authority” which is awfully tough. It’s hard because I know how God has gifted me. I know when I’m going to get screwed, and I’ve been screwed plenty.
            So, to exercise my faith and trust in God I have to obey authorities. I’d rather go to Africa. 

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya bro. I've grown to be wary of the proverbial right-cross of righteousness from authority. God tells me to duck for everyone's benefit. During my attempts to grow in influence with the standard church authority has proven a few things:
    1. If God were to materialize in some of the encounters, He'd have spit in a leader's eye once or twice.
    2. Those slippery, crawling feelings I've experienced give me insight for future encounters. I am freer to leave these feelings, and continue with God's leading in my life with those who call on His name from a pure heart and pursue His humane living with our fellow humans.
    3. The situations that leave me discouraged or disillusioned can work to shape how I humbly submit to our loving Father. He reminds me to be concerned with the stuff I can influence, and the rest is His problem. Authority has the added burden of adequately stirring vision for God's direction for the flock.

    Love the God of our salvation,
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete