Thursday, December 6, 2012

Whiner

Song of Songs 5+6/Matthew 9-12

I'm amazed at how big a prick I am. I complain about which of my water bottles is clean or bitch that I left my favorite Bible in the car and now I have to put my coffee down to go get it.

I should kick my own ass.

I'm starting to see how while Jesus could be critical about culture He wasn't a whiner. He came from infinite riches to total squaller. He never complained.

Here I am, in the richest country in the world in a comparatively wealthy time and I whine about my luxuries and novelties being infringed upon while all my needs get met.

Lord, help me to be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA what a whiner.
    You must be an American? Wait, I've been to other countries or met foreigners coming here. Other cultures produce whiners too. So let us rejoice and be glad in it.
    From a covering whiner,
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete