Friday, December 7, 2012

Keep the Change.


Song of Songs 7+8/ Acts 21+22

            I’m feeling a shift in my thinking. A “renewing of the mind” that I haven’t quite had before. It’s not a change of my point of view, but it feels like the way my mind processes, the way it functions, all of it, is changing. I’m not coming to new opinions but developing a new system of reasoning. I don’t feel like it’s me “growing up” but it’s me seeing how God sees. It’s the Holy Spirit changing me. It’s not manufactured for my benefit, but it’s stripping all the old and replacing it because all that stuff needs to go.
            I’m starting to see Jesus. I’m starting to want to feel like God feels. I’m not pushing it down. I’m letting whatever feelings, commands, visions, words, actions, etc. that God grants me just happen.
            This is freedom. I can’t explain what it feels like to not have to explain myself anymore. It’s amazing.
            Oh, there are plenty of sins, trials, and temptations. Things are far from perfect in the world around me and I respond poorly sometimes. Yet, this “peace that passes all understanding” is exactly that. When we feel peace in peacetime that’s a no-brainer. When we feel peace in chaos that’s either ignorance or supernatural.
            I know it’s not ignorance because I know I should be tweaking. I understand why people around me are worried, yelling, sinning, and putting hope in false idols. I’m just growing a supernatural inability to do that. That change is the Holy Spirit. That is the peace that passes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment